Dr. Setzen’s Awards
A Vitals’ 2022 Preferred Provider Badge recognizes medical practices that are committed to transparency, responsiveness, and great service to patients. Preferred Providers have also earned a high patient satisfaction rating, maintaining a high 4+ star rating on Vitals Physician Directories. Only 0.35% of all licensed physicians listed on our doctor directory have earned this badge year to date.
- Presidential Citation was given to Dr.Setzen at the Annual meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head&Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) in Atlanta, Georgia on October 7th, 2018- In recognition of his contribution to the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head&Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS).
- Michael Setzen, MD has received a Presidential citation from John DelGuadio, MD, President of American Rhinologic Society, In recognition of his contribution to the American Rhinologic Society. September 2017.
- Michael Setzen, MD has been named recipient of the 2013 BOG Practitioner Excellence Award. This is the BOG’s most prestigious individual award; it recognizes physicians who have practiced medicine in an exemplary manner, are sought out by others because of their personal and effective care, and are active members of the national organization, local society, and their community.The BOG is the Board of Governors of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.This award was presented during the the Opening Ceremony of the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery on Sunday, September 29th and during the BOG General Assembly meeting, Monday, September 30th, 2013 in Vanvouver,Canada.
- Immediate Past President, American Rhinologic Society 2012-2013
- President – American Rhinological Society 2011-2012
- Distinguished Service Award 2011 – Nassau Surgical Society – received May 11th, 2011, at the Annual Spring Meeting – this Award is given once a year to a Surgeon for Distinguished Service in Recognition of Excellent Patient Care and Outstanding Contributions to the Surgical Society.
- Dr. Setzen was awarded a plaque to acknowledge commitment and dedication to AAO-HNS for being a founding Member of Partners for Progress. This was presented during the Annual Opening Ceremony of the Annual AAO-HNS Annual meeting in Boston on September 26th 2010.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Distinguished Service Award was presented during the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 AAO-HNS Annual Meeting & OTO EXPO. This event was held on Sunday, September 26, 2010, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. This prestigious award is given to members in recognition of their volunteer contributions to the Academy and its Foundation, and for exceptional services in the Scientific Programs, Exhibits, Continuing Education Courses and Instructional Courses. Recognized in the August, 2010 program supplement of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and the September, 2010 Bulletin of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Listed in America’s Top Doctors every year from 2003-2022 (Castle Connolly); Listed in New York Magazine Top Doctors 2003-2014 and 2021. Top Doctors in the New York Metropolitan area 2003-2022 (Castle Connolly). In the selection process, more than 250,000 physician specialists were asked to choose the best doctors in their fields. Among the questions they were asked: “To whom would you refer your own family?”)
- Elected in General Election September, 2008 as Coordinator of Practice Affairs on the Board of Directors of American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery – (AAO-HNS), September, 2008 – September, 2013.
- North Shore University Hospital Medical Staff Society Special Physicians Leadership Award presented to Dr. Setzen on May 9th, 2006, for his Role as Past Chairman of the Board of Governors of AAO-HNS.
- Member of the Surgical Design Team that designed the Diego Powered Dissector by Gyrus – ENT and won a Special Mention Award from IDSA (Industrial Design Society of America) and Business Week in 2006 alongside Whirlpool Washing Machine and Motorola Razr Phone
- Nominated and won an Election in September 2002 to be a Member Board of Directors AAO – HNS – Representing Private Practice of Otolaryngology, September 2002 – September 2005
- Big on Goals Award 1st Prize, Annual meeting AAO-HNS, New York, NY, Sept, 2004, Volunteerism in Otolaryngology
- Member of the Surgical Design Team that designed the Diego Powered Dissector by Gyrus – ENT and won a Gold Award in August 2003 from IDSA (Industrial Design Society of America) and Business Week
- Big on Goals Award, Annual meeting AAO-HNS, Orlando, Florida, Sept. 2003, Volunteerism in Otolaryngology
- Chairman, Board of Governors American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2000 – 2001
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Honor Award, September, 1997