Instructions for Post Operative Care
PATIENT SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK FROM MIDNIGHT (12:00) PRIOR TO SURGERY DATE
- The patient may resume regular activity after seventy-two hours.
- Mild bloody drainage from nose or mouth is common.
- No nose blowing for approximately ten days.
- The patient may resume a regular diet after twenty four hours as tolerated.
- Tonsillectomy, if performed concurrently, soft diet and fluid hydration is recommended. See tonsillectomy page.
- There is minimal pain related to adenoidectomy and Tylenol should be used for the first twenty-four hours as necessary.
- Notify Dr. Setzen if there is fever over 102 degrees or if there is bright red blood from the nose or mouth.
- Follow up examination is recommended in one week.