Meet Dr. Setzen
Michael Setzen, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.P.
Dr. Setzen is a board certified Otolaryngologist – Head and Neck Surgeon at Michael Setzen Otolaryngology, P.C. Dr. Setzen is in private practice in Great Neck, New York since completing his residency in St. Louis, Missouri at Barnes Hospital, Washington University Medical Center in 1982. Prior to this he did his internship at the Cleveland Clinic where he did well.
- Listed in America’s Top Doctors every year from 2003-2018 (Castle Connolly)
- Top Doctors in the New York Metropolitan area 2003-2018 (Castle Connolly)
- Mentioned in the “Best Doctors in New York”, New York Magazine, almost every year from 2003 through 2014
- Mentioned as one of Long Island’s Top Doctors in 2008-2018 in Newsday
- He is featured in a book entitled O.R
- He has written more than 100 articles (80 in Peer-Reviewed Journals) on the subject of Otolaryngology
He is featured in a book entitled O.R., mentioned in the “Best Doctors in New York”, New York Magazine, almost every year from 2003 through 2014, also Listed in America’s Top Doctors every year from 2003-2018 (Castle Connolly); Top Doctors in the New York Metropolitan area 2003-2018 (Castle Connolly) He is also mentioned as one of Long Island’s Top Doctors in 2008-2018 in Newsday. He has written more than 100 articles (80 in Peer-Reviewed Journals) on the subject of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Setzen provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for patients, both pediatric and adult, with diseases and disorders that affect the ears, nose, throat and related structures. Nasal and sinus disease, pediatric ENT, facial plastic surgery, head and neck oncology and laser surgery, and surgery for snoring are fundamental areas of his expertise. For more detailed information on these ear, nose, and throat problems visit the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Setzen is involved in the organizational aspect of medicine, and particularly otolaryngology on a local, state, national and worldwide level.
Dr. Setzen has full admitting privileges at the following hospitals and healthcare facilities:
- North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset (part of Northwell Health, formerly North Shore-LIJ Health System), Manhasset, NY – Chief of Rhinology Section of Otolaryngology, Senior Clinical Attending in Otolaryngology and previously Clinical Associate Professor of Otolaryngology at New York University Langone School of Medicine 2000-2017 and Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology at Weill Cornell Medical College 1995-Present
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, NY – Senior Clinical Attending in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Lennox Hill Hospital, NY
- Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital (MEETH)
- New York Eye Infirmary, New York, NY – Associate Clinical Attending in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Day-op Center of Long Island, Mineola, NY
- Medical School: University of the Witwatersrand Medical School, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1969-1974
- Internship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1977-1978 Johannesburg General Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1975
- Residency: Barnes Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 1978-1982 (Dr. Joseph H. Ogura, Chairman – Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery)
- Practice: Private practice – October 1982 through present – initially in Manhasset, NY and now in Great Neck, NY for the past 10 years
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Honor Award, September, 1997
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Distinguished Service Award to be awarded September 2010
- Weill Cornell University Medical College
- Academic upgrade to Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology: effective July 1st, 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology 1995-2018
- New York University – Clinical Associate Professor of Otolaryngology 2000-2017
- New York Medical College – Clinical Assistant Professor in Otolaryngology 1983-2014